It’s been a long journey, and although not over, the remaining important bits are finally seeing closure. Namely, the exhaust. I’ve been waiting out to buy a used one from someone who said he was out of town, but would be back soon to remove and ship it to me. That ended up just being a huge waste of time. After many weeks, I said forget it. I decided to buy new and luckily was able to source this full titanium system from TiForce.
When it arrived, the package gave me a bit of a scare because it wasn’t very big or heavy, but all the pipes were just in segments so they boxed up well.
The muffler actually comes out at an angle to decrease the severity of the bends:
Overall the exhaust fit well and had excellent welds and construction. There is significant weight loss by going with this system over the boat-anchor stock one.
I wasn’t quite finished with titanium goodness just yet, because another package arrived containing some Pro Bolts. The ATE SuperBlue brake fluid was also received, so I could now get the brakes filled and bled.
I went with titanium windscreen and front axle bolts, plus rear sprocket and rear axle nuts. I also put the rear wheel back on and fitted the Akrapovic carbon fiber rear fender. The DID ERV3 520 Chain was previously installed around this time as well. Here is a left side view of the rear end’s situation, along with the Renthal 44t rear sprocket.
A close-up of the Gilles chain tensioner… a very trick part and allows for easy adjustments with a cam gear drive.
Here’s a picture of the front brake reservoir with the tygon tubing after bleeding everything.
For the rear brake’s reservoir, I decided to use a slightly unconventional approach by omitting an actual reservoir. I simplified it by just using a length of tygon tubing as the reservoir, capped with a brass fitting with a barbed end.
The brake rearset is missing the heel guard in the above picture, because I decided spraying it with bumper coating wasn’t going to suffice. It seemed like a contact area like that would cause the paint to rub off easily, so I sent it in to get properly powder coated.