Key features of minimalist design in architecture include:
- Perfect field connections, meeting the walls and roof require a neat handling.
- The use of light – as an element that can provide dramatic effect. Games artificial or natural light to produce depth of field effects.
- Flat roof, or nearly flat for buildings in tropical climates.
- Open spaces and large windows, open spaces useful to compensate for the building, while the windows provide views out more freely.
- Open space, eliminating the wall material – for example the kitchen and dining room in one space.