Phase 3 has begun. I’m shifting my so-called phases around and tackling Phase 3 (engine) first. Part of Phase 2 (primarily brakes and a few other minor things) will be postponed. While the logic behind the gradual sequence of the phases made sense, the time in-between them did not. I’ve seen people work on their cars for years and years… Well, I simply decided I’m not going to wait around to finish this car. I don’t want to grow old before I can enjoy it. Carpe Diem, baby.
I just finished my recent semester’s finals at school, but there’s no time to rest. My plan is to take advantage of whatever short break I have this Winter to make as much headway as possible with the engine. By the time New Years rolls around, I’ll be back to being crazy busy again with work and school.
Before doing anything, I thoroughly covered up the front end. Better safe than sorry and I’m not taking any chances, especially after how much the paint work cost.
Here’s another good look at the virtually 100% stock engine bay. Hopefully things will be looking much more serious-business soon.
This evening, I started off by removing the stock intake, intercooler, and drained the radiator. Check out the small mound that accumulated… all this is only from the intake and intercooler.
That cleared up some room, but it’s only the beginning.